A salad featuring the flavors of Mediterranean France, with enough vitamins and protein to give you energy for windsurfing or dancing, but minimal fat to keep you looking sleek on the beach. Submitted for Ready Set Cook Contest, Summer 2005.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 8 ounces fresh green beans
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can canned tuna, drained and flaked (or leftover tuna)
- 1 cup chickpeas, canned or cooked from scratch, rinsed
- 2 teaspoons capers, rinsed
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt (lowfat or nonfat)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced fine
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed lightly between your fingers
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1Broil the red pepper half until the skin blisters and chars; let cool and remove the skin.
- 2When the pepper is cooled and peeled, dice them.
- 3Clean the green beans, remove the ends, and cut into smaller pieces if desired - They look better long but are easier to eat small - you can always cut them up on the plate.
- 4Blanch the green beans in boiling water for about 6 minutes.
- 5Make the dressing: Mix the yogurt, vinegar, and garlic, then mix in the rest of the dressing ingredients.
- 6These amounts are for 2 servings, so you'll use half of everything on each plate:.
- 7On each plate, arrange green beans, chickpeas, and tuna each on a third of the plate.
- 8Sprinkle the capers over the tuna.
- 9Sprinkle the diced roasted red pepper over the chickpeas.
- 10Pour as much dressing as desired over each salad.
Browse Our Top Tuna Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Riviera Spa Salad
Serving Size: 1 (446 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 351.9
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 46.6 mg
- Sodium 1145.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.4 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 32.7 g