Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A wonderful chilled soup that everyone will love. If you are ever around Comfort, Texas make sure you visit The Riven Rock Ranch Resort They have wonderful food and you can stay there too.
- 2 (17 ounce) containers Greek yogurt
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half cream
- 3 large English cucumbers, peeled, seeded & coarsely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup red onion, coarsely chopped
- 12 scallions, coarsely chopped
- salt (to taste)
- white pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 3 lemons, juice of
- fresh dill sprig (to garnish)
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the yogurt, half & half, cucumbers, red onion, scallions, salt & pepper.
- Transfer mixture in batches to the bowl of a food processor fitted with steel blade.
- Process each batch until cucumbers are coarsely pureed.
- Repeat with each batch.
- Fold in chopped dill, cover & refrigerate until very cold, about 2 hours.
- Just before serving, stir in the lemon juice.
- Serve chilled, garnishing each bowl with a fresh sprig of the dill.