Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
A simple but delicious soup for a light lunch or anytime! I came up with this recipe while trying to use what I had on hand to make a good soup for sick hubby. It was a winner at our house.
- 453.59 g boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into small bite-sized pieces
- 29.58 ml butter or 29.58 ml margarine
- 29.58 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced in very thin rings
- 170.09 g fresh mushrooms, sliced very thin
- 4.92 ml morton lite salt
- 2.46 ml white pepper
- 2.46 ml poultry seasoning
- 29.58 ml dried parsley
- 2 (822.13 g) can chicken stock
- 946.36 ml water
- 29.58 ml Worcestershire sauce
- morton lite salt
- 226.79 g uncooked egg noodles, medium size
- Heat butter in medium sized stock pot over medium-low heat. Saute onions in butter until tender, about 20 mins, stirring occasionally.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, toss chicken chunks with 1 tsp lite salt, white pepper, poultry seasoning.
- Put olive oil in with onions, and add seasoned chicken to tender onions. Cook chicken about 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms and parsley to chicken/onions and saute for about 5-7 mins, til mushrooms are becoming tender.
- Add chicken stock, worcestershire sauce, and stir. Bring to a boil.
- Add water. You may add as much or little liquid as you desire.
- Bring to a nice boil, then reduce heat and simmer for ten minutes.
- Taste broth -- season to suit your taste with lite salt as needed.
- Add egg noodles.
- Continue simmering over low heat for 15 or 20 minutes
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes, and serve with toppings of your choice or with no toppings.
- I topped our soup in the individual bowls with about 5 garlic-cheese croutons with about one T of shredded mozzarella on top of that. Yum!
There is nothing like a nice hot bowl of chicken noodle soup on a cold day. This very flavorful soup was perfect. Initially I didn't like the flavor the worcestershire added, but as the soup simmered it blended in nicely. Thanks for sharing this recipe.