Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is from Wolfgang Puck and his Rice Cooker manual.
- 8 ounces fresh asparagus, peeled cut 1 inch bites
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Note: When I say 2 cups of rice, this is calculated at the measure size that comes with your cooker which are two measures that is 3/4 of a reg measure cup. So Rice needed for this recipe is 1 1/2 cups in a regular measuring cup.
- Measure out the rice and rinse with cold water well.
- Add thefirst 7 ingredients together ( except for the cheese) in the rice cooker.
- Close lid and press cook lever down.
- When the rice cooker switches to warm, add the grated fresh parmesan cheese.Stir in well.
This was just pretty good...really tasted more like a rice dish than actual delicious, creamy risotto. I did like the ease of putting everything in the rice cooker as opposed to standing at the stove stirring and stirring.