Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Risotto Cakes made in a mini-muffin pan. A great way to use leftover risotto to make lunchbox snacks. This is one of those basic recipe ideas that you can easily adapt to use up whatever odds and ends of ingredients you have on hand. And it's a recipe that can easily be doubled. I've not frozen these, but I've always found rice dishes freeze well, so I'm sure you'll find you can also freeze them.
- 1 cup prepared risotto rice
- 1⁄2 cup chopped Baby Spinach
- 1 tomatoes (I've often used chargrilled red pepper) or 1 red pepper, diced (I've often used chargrilled red pepper)
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Combine risotto, spinach, tomato (or red pepper) and seasonings in a bowl and mix well until combined.
- Lightly grease a mini-muffin pan or spray it with oil, spoon the mixture into the recesses until the tops are rounded, and sprinkle the risotto cakes with parmesan.
- Bake in a moderate oven (180ºC) for 15 to 20 minutes or until the risotto cakes are firm and golden. If serving warm, allow the risotto cakes to rest in the pan for 5 minutes before removing them from the pan.
- Serving Suggestions: Serve at room temperature with a salad. Or warm with grilled or BBQd meats, or as part of a vegetarian meal. If you want to serve them with a sauce, I recommend ~*Pamela*~in Winnipeg’s Mushroom Sauce for Meatballs #121093.
Very much enjoyed and so easy to do! I used the tomato option, having plenty of tomatoes to use up, and I cooked some risotto to use for these, as I did prep work for the rest of supper. I can see how versatile this recipe would be, and will definitely be trying it again. They not only made a lovely vegetarian supper, together with recipe#343550 and recipe#310038 , but are great for office lunches! thanks for another winner, bluemoon!
Besides its enticing aroma and eye appeal this is delicious, healthy, and easy. And love the use of a leftover incorporated into my meal planning. I used the leftover rice from Noo's Recipe#289258 to make this. Thanks bluemoon downunder for another winner! Made for PRMR.
Oh very yum! I loved this so much. I've made rice cakes before, but never thought to use risotto. The spinach, red pepper and cheese are such a good blend. I can't wait to try other blends, maybe some roasted red pepper or some fontina on top. Loved it. Made and Reviewed for Please Review My Recipe Tag - Thanks! :)