Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
These muffins could be called "Kitchen Sink Muffins". LOL They are a hearty way to start the day and taste yummy!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 apple, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1⁄2 cup chopped dates or 1⁄2 cup chopped raisins
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- 1⁄2 cup coconut flakes
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips (Optional)
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix the first 12 ingredients together.
- Next add remaining 3 ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Using greased muffin cups or paper lined cups, fill 3/4 full of batter.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.
These muffins are excellent! I used 1 cup of Splenda rather than sugar, and left out the nuts simply because I didn't have any. The apples, pineapple and carrot made these muffins sweet and chewy and just wonderful! Oh, I also left out the chocolate chips just to keep them a little healthier.