Recipe by Melissa Spangler
This is a favorite side dish that I like to serve with grilled chicken or pork chops. You can also add a can of niblet corn to this.
Top Review by Sheila in Rexford
This recipe is definitely a keeper. I love zucchini, and will add this to my zucchini recipe file. I used mexican flavored canned tomatoes, since I didn't have the Rotel, and I served it with a little bit of cheddar cheese on top...delicious. Thanks for sharing this one!
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 bell pepper, chopped
- 2 zucchini, sliced
- 1 (4 ounce) can black olives, sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onions & bell peppers in oil until tender.
- Add Rotel tomatoes, mix well and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add black beans, zucchini and remaining ingredients, mix well and cook for about 15-20 minutes on low heat.
- Top with shredded cheddar or monterrey jack cheese if desired.