Recipe by Bert's Kitchen Witch
This recipe was shared by Dawn O'Neal. I do not care much for sweets, but I like this cake.
- 1 cup butter (softened to room temp.)
- 2 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup apricot jam
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 1 cup pecans (finely chopped)
- 1 cup dried apricot (finely chopped)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a Bundt pan.
- Cream together butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl until fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, while continuing to beat.
- Add jam, sour cream, and vanilla.
- Next add flour, soda, and salt; beating all in well.
- Fold in coconut, pecans, and dried apricots by hand.
- Pour into the prepared Bundt pan.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes.
- Cool in pan for 15 minutes, then turn out on a wire rack to cool completely.
- * If desired you can glaze this cake, with a glaze made by melting together 1/2 cup apricot jam with 3 tablespoons orange juice.