Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Four Cheese Tortelloni con Crema di Gorgonzola e Pinoli - found on barilla.com The recipe is posted just as I found it on the barilla site but we exchanged the pine nuts for slivered almonds and added a pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts (we used toasted slivered almonds)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup gorgonzola, crumbled
- 1 (8 ounce) package spinach and ricotta tortellini (we used Barilla)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, cut into 1-inch strips
- Roast pine nuts or slivered almonds in pan until very lightly browned.
- Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet.
- Add onion, garlic, and red pepper flakes(if using) and saute until transparent.
- Add white wine and whipping cream and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Add Gorgonzola cheese and continue to simmer for 3 minutes.
- Cook Tortelloni according to package directions.
- Add roasted pine nuts, salt, pepper and drained Tortelloni to skillet.
- Turn off heat, cover and let sit for 2 minutes.
- Garnish with chives.
- Serve immediately.