Four Cheese Tortelloni con Crema di Gorgonzola e Pinoli - found on barilla.com The recipe is posted just as I found it on the barilla site but we exchanged the pine nuts for slivered almonds and added a pinch of red pepper flakes
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup pine nuts (we used toasted slivered almonds)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup gorgonzola, crumbled
- 1 (8 ounce) package spinach and ricotta tortellini (we used Barilla)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1Roast pine nuts or slivered almonds in pan until very lightly browned.
- 2Set aside.
- 3Heat olive oil in a large skillet.
- 4Add onion, garlic, and red pepper flakes(if using) and saute until transparent.
- 5Add white wine and whipping cream and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- 6Add Gorgonzola cheese and continue to simmer for 3 minutes.
- 7Cook Tortelloni according to package directions.
- 8Add roasted pine nuts, salt, pepper and drained Tortelloni to skillet.
- 9Turn off heat, cover and let sit for 2 minutes.
- 10Garnish with chives.
- 11Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ricotta/Spinach Tortelloni With Gorgonzola Sauce & Pine Nuts
Serving Size: 1 (50 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 243.8
- Calories from Fat 206
- Total Fat 22.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 33.0 mg
- Sodium 533.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 5.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
spinach and ricotta tortellini