Prep 12 mins
Cook 34 mins
This recipe combines ricotta and Parmesan cheese with Stouffers Spinach Souffle, to keep prep time minimal. It's all baked up in a flaky piecrust for deliciously light fare on a warm summer day.
- 1 (12 ounce) packagestouffer frozen spinach souffle
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 frozen 9-inch deep dish pie shell
- toasted breadcrumbs, for topping,if desired
- Arrange oven rack on lowest rack.
- Place a cookie sheet on rack.
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Start to prepare Stouffer's frozen spinach souffle according to package directions for the microwave except microwave only 5 minutes, until edges begin to puff and center is defrosted.
- Combine souffle, ricotta, Parmesan, garlic, nutmeg, salt, and pepper in large bowl until well mixed.
- Pour into pie shell, spreading top evenly with a rubber spatula.
- Place pie on the cookie sheet and bake 32-24 minutes until crust is brown and filling is puffed (center may not puff, but that's okay).
There isn't anything correct with this recipe. What a big flop. I should have figured this out before I spent all the time for nothing.