Recipe by sugarpea
I know, another brownie recipe, but I checked and there aren't any yet using ricotta cheese. They're simple, moist and quite delicious. The original recipe came from Silvia Maynard, Fort Worth, Texas.
Top Review by emkatc
This is an excellent recipe! I followed it exactly and it made super moist and perfectly sweet brownies. A great way to use up leftover ricotta. My husband thanks you ; ) I'll be making these again!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter and stir in cocoa.
- Set aside to cool slightly.
- Beat eggs, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Add combined dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add chocolate mixture and stir thoroughly.
- Pour half of the batter into a greased 8" square pan.
- Layer will be very thin but smooth to edges.
- Drop Ricotta Filling on top and smooth to edges.
- Drop remaining brownie batter by spoonfuls over Ricotta Filling to cover.
- Don't worry if ricotta is not entirely covered.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until toothpick tests clean.
- Let cool and cut into 2" squares.
- Ricotta Filling: Combine all ingredients and beat until creamy.