Recipe by Chef Gorete
Such a tender and melt in your mouth cookie. You can use your favorite thick jam or even marmalade. Play with the thickness of the dough and the size of the cookies to see what you prefer. I like a thinner dough and not too big a cookie.
- 1 (400 g) container ricotta cheese
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 4 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 (1/2 g) package vanilla sugar (vanillina)
- 4 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- apricot jam, for filling
- icing sugar, for decorating
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Combine ricotta cheese eggs and the sugar, set aside.
- Combine butter, baking power, vanillina and the flour. Once smooth, add the cheese mixture, and blend just until combined.
- Form a ball, separate the ball into 6 smaller balls. Roll out into a circle then cut into triangular shapes (like pizza slices). Add a small amount of jam to the wide part of the triangle, then roll up towards the point.
- Bake for approximately 12 - 15 minutes, do not overcook. Once cool, sprinkle icing sugar.