Lemon Ricotta Cookies
photo by Chicagoland Chef du Jour
- Ready In:
- preheat oven to 375.
- beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy, add eggs 1 at a time until encorporated, then add ricotta, lemon juice and zest until well blended.
- stir in dry ingredients.
- place parchment paper on cookie sheet and drop dough (I made heaping teaspoon sized ccokies, the original recipe called for 2 tablespoon sized but I think that is way to large) onto sheet. Bake cookies for about 15 minutes or until the edges are slightly golden brown.
- let cookies cool for at least 15 minutes before spreading glaze on top.
- for glaze: combine lemon juice, zest, and powdered sugar and stir until smooth. Spoon about 1/2 teaspoon full onto each cookie and use the back of the spoon to gently spread. Let the glaze harden about two hours before storing in an airtight container.
- *** I ran out of glaze the first time I made these and it has a strong lemon flavor so use sparingly. The cooked cookies (before they're glazed) freeze well. If your ricotta cheese is very watery you may need to add an additional 1/4 cup of flour.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
YUMMY! This is my first time using Ricotta in a dessert and was not dissapointed. :) I typically try to follow a recipe to a T when making it for the first time however; unfortunately my bottled lemon juice went bad. I ended up using 1 TBS of lemon extract for the cookies. These had just the right about of lemon flavor. I will definately be adding these into my cookie rotation. Made for Spring PAC 2012.
These are deliciously lemony once the glaze is added, but I found the cookie by itself a little bland and dry. I also ended up turning the oven down to 350 after the first batch, even though I had moved my oven rack up and baked them on parchment paper. The rest turned out great. To add the glaze, I dipped the top of each cookie in the glaze and then put them on wax paper to set. It was just the right amount.
Delicious cookie. Made for my father this Christmas since he loves lemon. My DS also loved them so will make these more often. Only thing I did was leave off the icing since the first batch I realized I didn't have the powdered sugar. DS was already happy with them so why extra pounds..Perfect taste of lemon and thank you so much for replying to my request for a cookie.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a wife and mother of a beautiful 5 year old girl. We live on Long Island. I am a special education teacher and I mostly work with very young autistic children. <br>I am getting away from processed foods and preparing meals using as many fresh ingredients as I can. <br>I am so happy I stumbled upon this site not long ago. I find the reviews very helpful. There are so many wonderful cooks here.