Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
Better prepare two of these pies, as everyone will want seconds!
- 1 ready-made frozen 9-inch pie shell, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 (1 ounce) envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream (unwhipped)
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 3⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Flute the pie crust edge, and bake the shell; cool completely.
- In a small saucepan, place the COLD milk or half and half cream (if using); sprinkle the gelatin over the half and half, let stand for 1 minute to soften the gelatin slightly.
- Over medium heat, heat the cream/gelatin mixture until the gelatin dissolves, stirring constantly; set aside to cool slightly.
- In another saucepan over low heat, heat the chocolate pieces until melted and smooth, stirring occasionally; keep warm.
- In a small bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat 1-1/2 cups whipping cream until soft peaks form; set aside.
- In a large bowl, with mixer at low speed, beat the ricotta cheese, confectioners sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and the remaining 1/2 cup whipping cream, until well blended.
- Gradually beat in the gelatin mixture; increase the speed to medium, beat until creamy.
- Reserve 1 cup of the whipped cream for topping.
- Fold in the remaining whipped cream into the ricotta mixture.
- Drizzle about one-fourth of the melted chocolate over the bottom of the pre-baked pie shell.
- Top with one-third of the ricotta cheese mixture.
- Layer the chocolate and the cheese mixture 2 more times.
- Spread reserved whipped cream over the top of the pie.
- Drizzle the remaining chocolate over the whipped cream in a decorative pattern.
- Chill the pie for 3-4 hours before serving.