Better prepare two of these pies, as everyone will want seconds!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 ready-made frozen 9-inch pie shell, room temperature
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 (1 ounce) envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream (unwhipped)
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1Flute the pie crust edge, and bake the shell; cool completely.
- 2In a small saucepan, place the COLD milk or half and half cream (if using); sprinkle the gelatin over the half and half, let stand for 1 minute to soften the gelatin slightly.
- 3Over medium heat, heat the cream/gelatin mixture until the gelatin dissolves, stirring constantly; set aside to cool slightly.
- 4In another saucepan over low heat, heat the chocolate pieces until melted and smooth, stirring occasionally; keep warm.
- 5In a small bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat 1-1/2 cups whipping cream until soft peaks form; set aside.
- 6In a large bowl, with mixer at low speed, beat the ricotta cheese, confectioners sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and the remaining 1/2 cup whipping cream, until well blended.
- 7Gradually beat in the gelatin mixture; increase the speed to medium, beat until creamy.
- 8Reserve 1 cup of the whipped cream for topping.
- 9Fold in the remaining whipped cream into the ricotta mixture.
- 10Drizzle about one-fourth of the melted chocolate over the bottom of the pre-baked pie shell.
- 11Top with one-third of the ricotta cheese mixture.
- 12Layer the chocolate and the cheese mixture 2 more times.
- 13Spread reserved whipped cream over the top of the pie.
- 14Drizzle the remaining chocolate over the whipped cream in a decorative pattern.
- 15Chill the pie for 3-4 hours before serving.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ricotta Cheese Pie
Serving Size: 1 (1710 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 548.3
- Calories from Fat 368
- Total Fat 40.9 g
- Saturated Fat 22.3 g
- Cholesterol 116.9 mg
- Sodium 216.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 15.0 g
- Protein 15.8 g