Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Pulled off the web in response to a discussion group request. Sounds good tho :-)
- 2 cups ricotta cheese, drained
- 6 eggs, separated - egg whites beaten until stiff
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Beat egg whites to stiff peak stage.
- Beat together ricotta, egg yolks, sugar, flour and vanilla in mixing bowl.
- Heat greased griddle or skillet over medium heat.
- Griddle is ready when a few drops of water bubble.
- Gently fold in beaten egg whites into ricotta mixture.
- For each pancake, pour 1/4 cup batter onto hot griddle.
- Cook pancakes until puffed, bubbly and dry around edges.
- Turn and cook other sides until golden brown.
- Serve with fresh berries.
I left out the sugar because of diabetes and added some orange zest. When done, I used diced oranges and Land O Lakes Sugar Free Whipped Topping spray. It was exceptionally good. My only problem was making sure the sides were done. Maybe I need to flatten out the batter more. And, next time, I'm using Marscapone Cheese.
made this for the family for breakfast this morning. Didn't have berries, used pears instead. the pancakes have a light sweet taste, almost like a cheese filled crepe. Adding this to our repetoire of favorites.