Recipe by Steve_G
Pulled off the web in response to a discussion group request. Sounds good tho :-)
Top Review by Carolyn Roberson
I left out the sugar because of diabetes and added some orange zest. When done, I used diced oranges and Land O Lakes Sugar Free Whipped Topping spray. It was exceptionally good. My only problem was making sure the sides were done. Maybe I need to flatten out the batter more. And, next time, I'm using Marscapone Cheese.
- 2 cups ricotta cheese, drained
- 6 eggs, separated - egg whites beaten until stiff
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat egg whites to stiff peak stage.
- Beat together ricotta, egg yolks, sugar, flour and vanilla in mixing bowl.
- Heat greased griddle or skillet over medium heat.
- Griddle is ready when a few drops of water bubble.
- Gently fold in beaten egg whites into ricotta mixture.
- For each pancake, pour 1/4 cup batter onto hot griddle.
- Cook pancakes until puffed, bubbly and dry around edges.
- Turn and cook other sides until golden brown.
- Serve with fresh berries.