kusum gupta's Note:
From the cookbook Recipes with a Spice - Indian Cuisine for Balanced Nutrition by Kusum Gupta. This easy to make dessert is very popular and tasty, served at different occasions. It can be refrigerated or frozen. Use at room temperature.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely crushed almonds
- 2 teaspoons crushed cardamom
- 6 edible silver foil, garnish (Varak) (optional)
- 1Cook the Ricotta cheese and butter on low to medium heat.
- 2(Sometimes the Ricotta splatters; keep it half covered at low to medium heat, stirring often to avoid burning.) After about ½ hour, stir in the sugar and dry milk.
- 3Cook, while stirring, until the Ricotta is of dry consistency, like paste that can be easily spread (10 to 15 minutes).
- 4Mix in the almonds and crushed cardamom.
- 5Spread in a non-stick 12x18" cookie sheet, about 1/3 inches thick.
- 6Pat gently with wax paper or spatula to make it even.
- 7Cover with the varak sheets for decorative look.
- 8Cut into squares or diamond shape when cool.
- 9Store in the refrigerator.
- 10Variation: Cook the Ricotta in the microwave oven, starting with 5 minutes at high.
- 11You can also cook it in the conventional oven.
- 12May add about ½ cup cocoa powder along with sugar to give chocolate taste and look.
- 13Or add about 1 cup slightly roasted and ground sesame seeds, along with other nuts, towards the end of cooking.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ricotta Cheese Burfi (Fudge)
Serving Size: 1 (2489 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 155.2
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 20.8 mg
- Sodium 72.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 13.9 g
- Protein 6.4 g