Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A luxurious dish for a weekend brunch, these ricotta blintzes are made using our basic crepe recipe. Recipe Source: Williams Sonoma
- 1 pint raspberries
- 1 pint blackberry
- 1 pint strawberry, washed and stemmed
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 pinch salt
- 16 crepes
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- In a saucepan over medium heat, stir together the berries, 2 Tbs. of the sugar and the lemon juice. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until most of the berries have broken down and the mixture is thickened, about 45 minutes; reduce the heat if the compote sticks to the pan. Remove from the heat and let the compote cool to room temperature.
- In a bowl, stir together the ricotta, the remaining 3 Tbs. sugar, the lemon zest and salt until well combined.
- Lay a crepe on a clean work surface. Place 3 Tbs. of the ricotta filling in the center of the crepe. Fold the 2 outer sides of the crepe toward the center so the edges touch. Fold the top and bottom toward the center, slightly overlapping the edges, to form a rectangular blintz; make sure the filling is not exposed. Place the blintz, seam side down, on a baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining crepes and filling.
- In a large electric skillet set on medium heat, melt the butter. Working in batches, cook the blintzes, seam side down, until golden and crispy, 2 to 3 minutes. Turn the blintzes over and cook for 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Transfer the blintzes, seam side down, to a platter. Serve immediately with the berry compote.