1/1 Photo of Ricotta-Berry Muffins
Delicious and nutritious recipe from Dorie Greenspan's fabulous cookbook, "Baking: From My Home to Yours".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese, preferably at room temperature
- 2 large eggs, preferably at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 finely grated lime, zest of
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 -1 1/3 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen) or 1 -1 1/3 cup raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1Center a rack in the oven and preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Butter or spray the 12 molds in a regular-size muffin tin, or fit the molds with paper muffin cups.
- 2Whisk the ricotta, eggs and vanilla together, then stir in the melted butter.
- 3Working in a large bowl and using your fingertips, rub the sugar and lime zest together until the sugar is moist and fragrant. Switch to a whisk and stir in the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Put the ricotta mixture on top of the dry ingredients and, using a rubber spatula, gently but quickly stir to blend—don’t worry about being thorough. The batter will be thick and heavy and that’s fine. Stir in the blueberries.
- 4Divide the batter evenly among the muffin molds, slide the pan into the oven and bake 20 to 25 minutes. When fully baked, the tops of the muffins will be golden, springy to the touch and a knife inserted into the center of the muffins will come out clean. Pull the pan from the oven and carefully lift each muffin out of its mold and onto a rack to cool.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ricotta-Berry Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (944 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 233.4
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 63.4 mg
- Sodium 209.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 12.5 g
- Protein 5.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
limes, zest of