Recipe by rickscott
Everyone has a different preference for how mashed potatoes should be done. I like to have a little bit of texture, but not too lumpy. I use a hand masher and a whisk to minimize the working of the potatoes. The less mixing the better the potatoes.
- 6 medium potatoes
- 1 tablespoon salt
- water, to cover
- salt, to-taste
- black pepper, to-taste
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel potatoes and cut into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Place in water and bring to a boil.
- Boil potatoes with 1 tablespoons of salt until fork tender.
- Drain potatoes. Put into bowl with butter.
- Then mash the potatoes with a hand masher.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add milk and whisk until creamy as you want it.
- Don't overwork or the potatoes will be too tough and sticky.