Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I occasionally come across recipes calling for cajun seasoning. I've tried many different recipes for it, but most used way too much black and/or white pepper for our tastes. I tried this one and we love it, especially because it also uses sweet paprika.
- 29.58 ml sweet Hungarian paprika
- 14.79 ml dried basil
- 14.79 ml dried thyme
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 4.92 ml onion powder
- 1.23 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 1.23 ml ground cayenne pepper (cayenne)
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Store in an airtight container in a cool, dark place.
What an easy spice to mix at home - It sure saves money doing it this way. I made half of the recipe but added extra cayeene - I like it hot