Prep 20 mins
Cook 7 mins
This was invented one night by my (non-cooking!) husband. I submitted it years ago for a recipe contest, and won!
- 1 1⁄4 cups grated cheddar cheese (preferably matured)
- 2 tablespoons tomato ketchup (made with real tomatoes!)
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly grated black pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons very good grainy mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Mix first 7 ingredients with a fork.
- Roast or grill meat until NEARLY done as you like it.
- Spread the cheese mixture over each portion of meat.
- Sprinkle over the Parmesan.
- Grill carefully -- watching -- until the cheese melts.
- Serve immediately on warmed plates.
- Note: use lean meat, and serve with side dishes such as stewed apples or orange slices, rice and zucchini.
We didn't enjoy this as much as we expected too. It was easy, but I think it overpowered our delicate veal chops. I also think I'd have liked a fresh herb added at the end to give all those pantry staples a bit of a fresh lift. Sorry but we wouldn't make this again.