Recipe by Marlene.
Yes, another rhubarb cake! Couldn't find another one like it , I think this one is the most fattening! *LOL* It has meringue *yum* Received from a friend of my husband... I don't care much for rhubarb , but he loves this cake!
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 5 cups rhubarb, sliced
- 6 egg whites (leftover from your yolks above!)
- 12 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 pinch salt
Directions See How It's Made
- For the Cake~~.
- Crumble together 2 cups flour , 2 Tablespoons sugar and the 2 sticks of butter.
- Pat mixture onto the bottom of a 13x9 cake pan.
- Mix together the 2 cups of sugar , 4 Tablespoons flour , teaspoon of salt , egg yolks, evaporated milk, and the rhubarb.
- Pour this mixture onto the first mixture.
- Bake at 350* for 45 minutes.
- While the cake is baking , it's time to make meringue!
- In a medium/large bowl ,beat egg whites and pinch of salt until foamy. Add sugar 1 tablespoon at a time , beating well! Continue beating until stiff and glossy. You know your meringue is good to go when the mixture stands in stiff peaks. Beat in vanilla.
- After the cake is out of the oven , spread with the meringue. Pop back into the oven for an additional 12 minutes.
- This is a richer dessert! Please enjoy :).