Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 8 mins
Cook 1 hr
Most of the time I bake with healthy, natural ingredients and sugars. Not for this. Delicious and perfect to satisfy those who (a) love peanut butter or (b) love candy or (c) love both. I'm of the "c" category. Cooking time is cooling time.
- Line an 8x8 or 9x9 pan with foil.
- In a large mixing bowl, place sifted icing sugar.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, melt the margarine. Add brown sugar and non-dairy milk, stirring well.
- Bring mixture to a boil on medium-high. Boil for 2 minutes, stirring often.
- After two minutes, remove from heat and stir in peanut butter and vanilla until smooth.
- Pour peanut butter mixture over icing sugar, stirring until well combined.
- Pour fudge into prepared pan, and refrigerate or freeze until firm.
- This freezes well.
Delicious. Tastes just as good as non vegan peanut butter fudge. The consistency is perfect, and it "set up" quickly. Thank you!
This fudge set very well, was delicious and addictive. It was a hit even with non-vegans at Christmas. I used creamy peanut butter instead of natural because we had a few containers of that in the pantry. I also used a store brand vanilla almond milk. IDK if confectioner's sugar is the same as icing sugar, but that's what I used. I let it boil a bit more than two minutes, until it looked smooth. Instead of stirring by hand, I used an electric hand-held mixer. It seemed to help smooth it out. I highly recommend this recipe. So good! I let it set for a full 24 hours before eating.
Yum! Incredibly sweet and rich, indeed. I followed the recipe exactly and was a bit worried at first as the mixture was so thick it couldn't really "pour" into the dish. A few hours later we taste tested it and although the taste was good the texture was a bit off as it kind of just dissolved in your mouth. 24 hours later in the fridge though and the fudge hardened up and had a much better texture - not grainy at all. Good flavor but really sweet, after all there's 5 cups of sugar in this! Thanks for posting. I was looking for a good gluten-free vegan dessert!