- roast turkey pan with dripping
- 1 cup dry white wine or 1 cup vermouth
- 1 quart low sodium chicken broth (or your preference)
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch (or 1/2 cup all-purpose flour)
- 1⁄2 cup water (or 1 cup if using flour)
Directions See How It's Made
- Skim off fat.
- Set roasting pan over burners on medium-high heat.
- Add wine and using a wooden spoon stir to loosen brown bits.
- Strain contents of pan through a large strainer into a saucepan.
- Add broth and bring to a boil.
- Whisk cornstarch with 1/2 cup water (or flour with 1 cup of water).
- Then gradually whisk into pan juices.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer until thickened.
- Serve immediately.