Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Rich lemony cheesecake which is loved by all Freezes extremely well.
- 50 g butter
- 100 g chocolate, digestive finely crushed
- 25 g soft brown sugar
- 350 g cream cheese
- 75 g caster sugar
- 1 lemon, rind of, grated
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 30 ml cold water
- 15 g gelatin
- 150 ml double cream
- grated chocolate
- Melt the butter gently in a saucepan, remove from the heat and add the crushed biscuits and brown sugar. Mix well and turn the crumbs into a 7" flan dish. Press the crumbs round the sides and base of the dish. Chill in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Place the cheese, sugar, lemon rind and juice in a bowl and beat until smooth. Place the water in a small bowl, sprinkle on the gelatine, stir once and leave until spongy. Place the bowl in a pan of hot water and stir until dissolved then strain it into the cheese mixture and stir well. Whip the double cream until just stiff and fold into the cheese mixture. Turn the mixture into the flan dish.
- To freeze: Open freeze. Wrap in foil.
- To serve: Unwrap, place on a serving dish and thaw in the refrigerator or overnight or at room temperature for 4-5 hours. Decorate with grated chocolate.