Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Ratatouille, my way. I just wanted to use some vegetables I had in the chill box, and dumped it all together in a pot. It ended up wonderful! Also, I didn't bother salting the Eggplant first, the dish came out fine just adding it as is.
- 2 -3 zucchini, sliced
- 1 large eggplant, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 red bell pepper, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 green bell pepper, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 yellow bell pepper, peeled and cut into chunk
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, chopped fine
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup chicken broth or 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon sea salt or 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Heat a couple tablespoons of good Olive Oil in a large pot and then add the chopped onions.
- Saute until slightly soft, then add the shallots and garlic.
- Saute about 4 minutes.
- Add the rest of the vegetables and the canned tomatoes with their juice and chicken broth, and tomato paste.
- Gently fold the vegetables to mix and cover and cook for about 15 minutes. They will release a lot of their juices and cook down.
- Add the seasonings and balsamic vinegar, and cook about a half hour or more, until the vegetables are tender.