Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is the most easy, moist and delicious chocolate cake! It is nice split and filled with cherries or jam and whipped cream and iced with ganache or chocolate icing. It does require a good chill for flavours to develop. Everyone raves about this and is always a favourite when I take it anywhere.
- Sift Dry ingred seperate bowl.
- Mix wet ingreds sperate bowl.
- Then add all ingred together and with electric handheld blender mix 2 - 3 minutes Pour into lined and greased cake tin (8"round is good) and bake 175 degrees celcius for 35-45 minutes
- Icing 1 cup icing sugar, 2T cocoa, 1T butter and 1 1/2 T boiling water (may need extra) and blend using knife until smooth.
- Cake needs to be cooled in fridge before eating to blend flavours.
This is by far the best chocolate recipe to date. I've tried a few (including one from the William Sonoma cookbook)but this one leaves you speechless. It's been difficult to find a DARK chocolate cake recipe most of them seem to be a lighter brown texture but this one stays true to it's name. With respect to taste my boyfriend thought my dad made it (he loves my dad's cakes) and my dad only bakes out of a box, Duncan Heins that is.....but he loved it even more when he found out it was made from scratch. I used espresso coffee and think that's what gave it that rich taste because it was nothing I had ever tasted before in any other recipe. Because I didn't have milk I heated a cup of water and mixed milk powder (enough to make it a milk consistency) and also added some melted Bernard Caulebaut dark chocolate ..... this recipe is a definite must!!!!!!!