Recipe by Lakme
A different, delicious, and surprising meatloaf. I made this one up when I got tired of tomato-y meatloaf. Looks really lovely when done - a yummy loaf in a wonderful gravy. For company because this is a treat, meaning rich! I absolutly love the taste and hope you do too!
- 1 lb ground beef (lean)
- 1 lb ground chicken or 1 lb turkey or 1 lb pork
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce (I use dark)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 8 slices not thin cheese
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 tablespoon ranch dip, dry mix or 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 (8 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup or 1 (6 ounce) canchopped mushrooms, with liquid
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat over to 350°F.
- Mix together the two ground meats.
- Add worcester and soy sauces and basil to the meat and mix.
- Pat the meat mixture into a 9 x 13 casserole dish. Leave a one inch space around the edges. You are not making a loaf, more like a 2 inch thick big meat patty.
- Cut the cheese slices in half and poke them into the meat all over at equal spaces.
- Pour the remaining ingredients into a bowl: yogurt, ranch dip OR minced garlic, mushroom soup OR mushrooms and liquid, mayo, and milk.
- Mix and pour over meat, covering all the meat.
- Bake for 1 3/4 - 2 hours, uncovered, until the middle of the meatloaf is bubbling.