Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Saw this the other night on Emeril Live.
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup whole milk
- confectioners' sugar, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spread the pecan pieces and the chocolate chips evenly on the bottom of the pie shell.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients together. Pour the filling over the pecans. Bake until the filling sets, 50 to 60 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool for 30 minutes before slicing. Cut into individual servings and serve with a drizzle of Caramel Sauce and sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
- Caramel Sauce:
- Combine the sugar, water, and lemon juice in a medium heavy saucepan and cook over medium-high heat, stirring, until the sugar dissolves. Let boil without stirring until the mixture becomes a deep amber color, 2 to 3 minutes, watching closely so it doesn't burn. Add the cream (be careful; it will bubble up), whisk to combine, and remove from the heat.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the milk, then add up to 2 more tablespoons, until the desired consistency is reached. Let cool until just warm before serving. (The sauce will thicken as it cools.).