Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are soo amazingly delicious, you will not be able to put them down! They are really sweet though so its best to cut them into little chunks.
- 551.25 ml all-purpose flour
- 158.51 ml packed light brown sugar
- 177.44 ml butter
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 473.18 ml semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 396.89 g can sweetened condensed milk
- 414.03 ml toffee pieces
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F Grease a 13x9x2 baking pan.
- Combine flour and brown sugar in a large bowl.Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add egg, mix well.Stir in 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips.
- Set aside 1 1/2 cups of the mixture.
- Press remaining crumb mixture onto bottom of prepared pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Pour condensed milk evenly over hot crust.Top with 1 1/2 cups toffee bits and sprinkle reserved crumb mixture and remaining 1/2 cups chips over the top.
- Bake 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup toffee bits.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.
Wow, these are a winner! What a treat. Super hit with kids, young adults and oldsters - it doesn't matter, these bars are fabulous. I added a little sea salt to the top, otherwise kept it all as written. I was unsure about mixing the egg into the bowlful of dry ingredients. Just kept following directions and had a wonderful result. Thanks for posting this!
WOW WOW WOW ... I just pulled this out of the oven and I can hardly wait till it cools. Looks delicious and making it was sooo easy. Thanks for the recipe dear absolutely divine!!! I stole a warm bite and its way more tasty than I had imagined will make it again definitely!!! Thanks again!