Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are some kinda good!
Make and share this Rich Buttermilk Waffles recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 3⁄4 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine the dry ingredients. Mix together the buttermilk, sour cream or yogurt and the egg yolks. Stir in the butter and vanilla.
- Brush the waffle iron lightly with oil and preheat it. Stir the wet into the dry ingredients. Beat the egg whites with the whisk or electric mixer (spotlessly clean ones work best) until they hold soft peaks. Stir them gently into the batter.
- Spread a ladleful or so of batter onto the waffle iron and bake until the waffle is done, usually 3 to 5 minutes, depending on your iron. Serve immediately or keep warm for a few minutes in a low oven.
In the direction it's mentionned to add sour cream or yogurt (it's not in the ingredients so I didn't know how much to add). I used 1/4 cup of plain yogurt. Also it's written to add melted butter. Again not written how much. I used maybe 2 tablespoon. They turned out very crispy and airy inside. Great taste. Thanks DC Cook :) Made for PAC spring 2011