Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This rice recipe produces a lovely flavored dish that goes well with chicken. Very attractive too. Cut back on the pepper flakes if you do not like it too spicy
- 1⁄2 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed hot chili flakes
- 2 teaspoons butter or 2 teaspoons margarine
- 3 cups long grain rice, cooked
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated (pure parmesan)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped or 1/2 tbsp dried parsley
- Melt butter in a skillet and fry the nuts and Pepper flakes over medium high heat until the nuts are brown Add remaining ingredients and cook until heated through.
- Alternative method after step 1 mix all the ingredients and place in a casserole 25 minutes before serving place covered casserole in a 350f oven uncover last 5 minutes- I prefer heating the rice on the pan Serve.