Recipe by Lusil
My friend Jennifer gave me this recipe and my family LOVES it. It is a nice change from plain white rice, though I must warn you it is not for the faint of heart. :o)
- 1 cup Minute Rice, cooked
- 2 cups sour cream
- salt and pepper
- 5 tablespoons minced jalapenos (I mince the sliced jalapenos you find in a jar)
- 1⁄2 lb monterey jack cheese or 1⁄2 lb cheddar cheese (reserve 1/2 cup)
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a 9x9" pan.
- Combine the rice, sour cream, salt and pepper.
- Spread 1/2 of this mixture in the bottom of the pan.
- Top with cheese (less reserve) and jalapenos.
- Add remaining rice mixture on top and sprinkle with reserved cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.