Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is my grandma Buzzetta's infamous rice that goes great with so many things or is excellent to use for stuffing chicken breasts or fish. My mouth waters just thinking about it.
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1⁄3 cup butter (not margarine)
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 1⁄2-1 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese or 1⁄2-1 cup romano cheese or 1⁄2-1 cup asiago cheese
- In a skillet, melt butter, add onion, and brown.
- Add steamed/cooked rice, salt, and pepper and stir constantly until rice absorbs all the butter and is slightly brown.
- Add grated cheese and stir to combine.
- Serve while the rice is still hot.
So different, and in a very good way. It makes a lot but then we'll have left overs today. Love the cheesy goodness of this and the onions go so well. Think I'll be using this one the next time we have company so I can show off. Made for Spring PAC 2014
Oh my this delicious rice graced our Easter dinner table. For six of us, I increased the amount of cooked rice to 3 cups, but left the remaining ingredients the same. It's a good thing I did, because there was nary a spec left. Thanks to you and your grandmother for sharing this recipe. Made for Spring PAC 2014.