This rich rice dish can be made in a rice cooker, my favorite, or a regular pot. It goes well with red meat, such as stew or steak.
- Cut onion into chunks (approx. about 1/2").
- Slice bacon into small pieces (approx. 1/4" square).
- Place rice in rice cooker and add water as recommended (usually about 2 cups). Set to cook.
- Heat medium-sized frying pan over medium heat. Fry bacon and onion together until bacon is crisp.
- When rice is done, add butter or margarine and stir to combine. Add bacon and onion mixture and stir to combine.