1/2 Photos of Rice Cooker Bacon and Onion Rice
This rich rice dish can be made in a rice cooker, my favorite, or a regular pot. It goes well with red meat, such as stew or steak.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut onion into chunks (approx. about 1/2").
- 2Slice bacon into small pieces (approx. 1/4" square).
- 3Place rice in rice cooker and add water as recommended (usually about 2 cups). Set to cook.
- 4Heat medium-sized frying pan over medium heat. Fry bacon and onion together until bacon is crisp.
- 5When rice is done, add butter or margarine and stir to combine. Add bacon and onion mixture and stir to combine.
Browse Our Top White Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rice Cooker Bacon and Onion Rice
Serving Size: 1 (102 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 442.6
- Calories from Fat 173
- Total Fat 19.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 38.3 mg
- Sodium 255.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 7.5 g