Recipe by yooper
This recipe makes a wonderful rich and creamy cheesecake with a cinnamon flavor that can't be beat! This is from a small cookbook Hershey put out a few years back "Hershey's Holiday Celebrations."
Top Review by Marc Erick
This makes a thick cut, creamy, delicious cheesecake with a 'ribbon'of sweet cinnamon. ..loved it! I saved about 1/3 cup of the cinnamon chips, added a tbsp of shortening, melted and dressed the top of the cake after it cooled, then sprinkled graham cracker crumbs for a great presentation.
- 1 1⁄4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 (8 ounce) cartons sour cream
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 (10 ounce) package cinnamon baking chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350. For crust, combine graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Press the crumb mixture onto the bottom and about 2 inches up the side of an ungreased 9-inch springform pan. Set pan aside.
- For filling, beat cream cheese, surgar and vanilla in large bowl on medium speed of mixer until combined. Add sour cream, beat on low speed until combined. Add eggs, beat on low speed just until combined (do not overbeat). Pour half of the filling into the crust-lined pan. Sprinkle cinnamon chips over the filling in the pan. Carefully pour remaining filling over cinnamon chips. Place on a shallow baking pan in oven. Bake about 1 hour or until center is set.
- Cool 15 minutes on wire rack. Using a knife or narrow metal spatula, loosen cheesecake from the side of pan. Cool 30 minutes more. Remove sides of pan; cool 1 hour or more. Cover and chill at least 4 hours before serving.