Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
I occasionally treat my co-workers and this has become the most requested treat. Original recipe came from TOH Quick Cooking.
- 517.37 g package yellow cake mix
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 158.51 ml vegetable oil
- 236.59 ml packed brown sugar
- 14.79 ml cinnamon
- 473.18 ml powdered sugar
- 59.14 ml milk
- 9.85 ml vanilla
- In bowl combine cake mix, sour cream, eggs and oil; beat well.
- Spread 1/2 of batter into greased 9X13 inch pan.
- Combine brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over batter.
- Spread remaining batter over top.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 30-35 minutes or until tests done.
- Combine icing ingredients and drizzle over warm cake.
Fabulously delicious! I found this in my TOH book Made From Mixes. I just had to see if it was already on the zaar. I followed the cake recipe exactly, but used my own icing recipe. The only additional thing I can say, is make sure you leave enough batter to cover the sugar mixture, I almost didn't have enough. For anyone considering making this, you should, you won't regret it!
Top winner for a luscious, quick, comforting coffee cake! I made this for a school meeting and the entire pan was emptied by folks who came back hoping for seconds. I used fat free sour cream and doubled the cinnamon since I love the spice and it goes so nicely with brown sugar. Super moist and memorable!
My husband loved this....and he's not a big sweets fan. I've made it at least 3 times so far. I left off the icing cause it was just so good all by itself. I added more cinnamon,....we're nig cinnamon fans. Thanks for the great recipe!