Recipe by FLUFFSTER
This is fantastic! Chocolate cream cheese, coconut, and pecans. Who cares what else! LOL! Seriously, this is some kind of good! It is baked in a 13X9inch baking dish. So invite all of the neighbors. I found this on a calendar I received from Kraft. Cooking time includes chill time.
Top Review by Bonnie G #2
Thanks Fluffster for posting this recipe. I had seen it in my Kraft calendar too and was glad to find it posted here for safe keeping. Made this for my family bar-b-q and it turned out good. I probably over-cooked it a little as it was dry but still good. The chocolate crust was a real winner with everyone. I had trouble with the frosting, not enough to cover the cake and seemed to thick to spread as I thought it should, So maybe next time (and I will make it again) I'll just look for another frosting recipe and maybe use milk chocolate to see if it'll work better with the chocolate crust. All in all a good recipe, and my problems could have been the result of my lack of cooking skills.
- 30 Oreo cookies, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted (1 stick)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 cup flaked coconut
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 6 semi-sweet chocolate baking squares
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix crushed cookies, butter,pecans, and coconut; press firmly onto bottom of 13x9-inch baking pan. Refrigerate while preparing filling.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar in a large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition just until blended. Pour over crust.
- Bake 40 minutes or until center is almost set.Cool. Refrigerate 3 hours or overnight. Place whipping cream and chocolate in saucepan. Cook on low heat until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring occasionally. Pour over cheesecake. Refrigerate 15 minutes or until chocolate is firm. Store leftover cheesecake in refrigerate.
- Note: To make cheesecake extra special, Once chocolate topping is firm, place 2 additional chocolate squares in microwaveable bowl. Microwave on medium 1 minute, stirring after 30 seconds. Stir till chocolate is completely melted.Pour into small reusable bag; seal bag; twist bag. Snip off one small corner from bottom of bag; twist top of bag to squeeze chocolate from bag; to pipe a special message, such as "Greetings" on top of cheesecake. Chill time includes.