Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is one of my all-time favorite desserts. I liked it as a kid, and love it as an adult. I'm slowly trying to get my girls to like it, too.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in bottom of 9" baking dish sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Make cake per package directions. Set aside.
- Sprinkle brown sugar in bottom of baking pan.
- Place diced rhubarb on top of brown sugar.
- Pour cake batter over rhubarb.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
- Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream.
- Note: Fresh or frozen rhubarb can be used. If using frozen, just thaw first but do not squeeze water out.
If I make this again I would put it in a 9 x 13 pan and double the rhubarb/brown sugar mixture. I thought the cake overwhelmed the rhubarb taste but then I am a rhubarb lover. I guess I prefer a cobbler.