This is one of my all-time favorite desserts. I liked it as a kid, and love it as an adult. I'm slowly trying to get my girls to like it, too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Melt butter in bottom of 9" baking dish sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- 3Make cake per package directions. Set aside.
- 4Sprinkle brown sugar in bottom of baking pan.
- 5Place diced rhubarb on top of brown sugar.
- 6Pour cake batter over rhubarb.
- 7Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
- 8Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream.
- 9Note: Fresh or frozen rhubarb can be used. If using frozen, just thaw first but do not squeeze water out.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rhubarb Upside Down Cake
Serving Size: 1 (114 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 376.6
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 46.2 mg
- Sodium 334.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 54.2 g
- Protein 3.3 g