From Phil Vickery's Proof of the Pudding. Not yet tried (timings are approximate and please note that there's a good bit of prep for this that needs to be done in advance) but posted here for safe keeping. I know it's not rhubarb season any more, but I've still got a bunch in the freezer so I was looking for something to use it up on. Sounds delicious...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash the rhubarb well and cut into 1cm slices.
- 2Gently bring to the boil in a pan with the granulated sugar. As soon as the liquid starts to boil, remove from the heat.
- 3Leave to cool for at least 5-6 hours. The recipe also says to put a piece of greaseproof paper directly onto the rhubarb mixture.
- 4Once cooled, carefully strain into a colander, keeping the strained juices/syrup to one side.
- 5Arrange the sponge fingers in a serving dish or bowls.
- 6Spoon over approximately half the rhubarb syrup/juices and leave to soak for 15mins.
- 7Chill well.
- 8Place the eggs and 3 heaped tbsps of caster sugar into a heatproof bowl.
- 9Gently whisk over a pan of simmering water until thick, creamy and cooked.
- 10Place in a mixer and whisk at high speed until thick and cool.
- 11In a separate bowl, whip the double cream until it makes peaks.
- 12In yet another bowl (lots of washing up for you tonight!) whisk the mascarpone and 2 tbsp caster sugar until loose and creamy.
- 13Fold together the mascarpone and double cream and then carefully fold in the egg mixture.
- 14Remove the dish(s) with the sponge fingers from the fridge and sprinkle the poached rhubarb over the top.
- 15Spoon over the egg and cream mixture, flatten out with a palette knife and chill well.
- 16To serve, dust with cocoa powder.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rhubarb Tiramisu
Serving Size: 1 (192 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 462.7
- Calories from Fat 263
- Total Fat 29.2 g
- Saturated Fat 16.6 g
- Cholesterol 313.5 mg
- Sodium 111.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 26.1 g
- Protein 8.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: