Cook1 hr 10 mins
I LOVE rhubarb! This bread is good for breakfast or for a treat! The bread can be made the day ahead and it freezes well. Recipe comes from Land O'Lakes.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced fresh rhubarb
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Grease and flour 8x4-inch loaf pan.
- Combine 1 cup sugar and 1/2 cup butter in large bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy. Reduce speed to low; add orange juice and eggs. Continue beating just until mixed. (Mixture will look slightly curdled.) Stir in flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt by hand just until moistened. Gently stir in rhubarb. (Batter will be thick.).
- Reserve 1 1/2 cups batter. Spread remaining batter into prepared pan. Combine all streusel ingredients in small bowl; stir until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle half of streusel over batter in pan; gently press into batter. Carefully spread reserved batter into pan; top with remaining streusel. Press streusel into batter.
- Bake for 65 to 70 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan.