Recipe by FLUFFSTER
Here's a tangy, yet sweet creation that will perk up your mouth!This is really easy to prepare, and if you like rhubarb and strawberries, you'll love this! Source: This recipe appeared in The Times in an article by Olwen Woodier; it was adapted from Mallards Restaurant at Arrowwood in Rye Brook, N.Y.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs rhubarb, finely diced
- 1 cup sliced strawberry
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons kirsch
- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin
- 2 cups heavy cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the rhubarb, strawberries and sugar in a heavy 2-quartsaucepan and simmer for 20 minutes.
- until the rhubarb is soft.
- Pour 2/3 of the mixture into a blender with the kirsch; purée and set aside.
- Pour 4 tablespoons cold water into a small saucepan and sprinkle the gelatin over the top.
- Allow to soften for 10 minutes. Heat gently until the gelatin has completely dissolved. Stir into the rhubarb purée.
- Combine the purée with the remaining cooked rhubarb mixture.
- Whip the heavy cream until stiff and fold into the rhubarb mixture. Chill for several hours.
- ***Source: This recipe appeared in The Times in an article by Olwen Woodier; it was adapted from.
- Mallards Restaurant at Arrowwood in.
- Rye Brook, N.Y.