Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
Taste of Home; fruity, slushy, and yummy!!
Make and share this Rhubarb Slush recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups chopped fresh rhubarb or 3 cups frozen rhubarb
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 cup apple juice
- 3⁄4 cup frozen pink lemonade concentrate
- 1 (2 liter) bottle Sprite
- In a saucepan, combine rhubarb, water, and sugar; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until rhubarb is tender.
- Cool for about 30 minutes.
- In a blender, puree mixture, half at a time.
- Stir in apple juice and lemonade concentrate.
- Pour into a freezer container; cover and freeze until firm.
- Let stand at room temperature for 45 minutes before serving.
- For individual servings, scoop 1/3 cup into a glass and fill with soda.
- To serve a group, place all of the mixture in a large pitcher or punch bowl; add soda and stir.
- Serve immediately.
We doubled the recipe and added 4 cups gin to have a variety of slushes on hand.
This was a very interesting slush! Someone gave me a bag of frozen rhubarb and I thought I'd give this a try. I enjoyed the different flavors. I'm really not a big fan of rhubarb, so for somebody else this might be a five star dish. Thanks for a good recipe!