Recipe by Suzy_Q
This will get raves! Delicious, refreshing and pretty served at any get together. ( You can spike it if you like it! ) I use fresh squeezed orange and lemon juice. This makes one pitcher so it's nice to just have in your fridge. This is a great tonic for the kidneys.
- 4 cups rhubarb, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup strawberry, sliced in half
- 3 cups water
- 3⁄4 cup honey (to taste)
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 3 cups diet ginger ale (2 cans)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring the rhubarb and strawberries to a boil in the water.
- Lower heat, add honey and simmer until soft, about 10-15 minutes. Let cool in the refrigerator.
- Once cool, strain the fruit through a sieve draining well (you may reserve the leftover fruit for a sauce or a compote).
- Mix the orange and lemon juice with the rhubarb liquid.
- Add the ginger ale right before serving. Serve cold over ice.