Recipe by Lvs2Cook
Another nice muffin recipe to add to your collection.
Top Review by Ginger Rose
This was very nice. I actually made it as a cake instead of muffins. You need very little rind as it tastes quite strong compared to the rhubarb - I think next time I'd do half the amount. Thanks for the tasty recipe!
- 2 cups finely diced rhubarb
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 beaten eggs
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- sifted powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine rhubarb, 1/4 cup of the sugar, and orange peel; let stand 5 minutes.
- Stir together flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Combine eggs, buttermilk, and butter; add all at once to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
- Gently fold in rhubarb mixture.
- Fill greased muffin pans 2/3 full.
- Bake at 375ºF for 20 to 25 minutes. Dust warm muffins with powdered sugar.