Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A very easy rhubarb jam to make; only using 3 ingredients, rhubarb, sugar, and a boxed gelatin, either cherry, raspberry, or strawberry.
- 5 cups sliced rhubarb, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 (3 ounce) box cherry gelatin or 1 (3 ounce) boxraspberry gelatin or 1 (3 ounce) box strawberry gelatin
- In a large bowl, add the rhubarb and sugar; stir to coat evenly.
- Cover the bowl, and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- The next morning, place the rhubarb mixture in a large kettle.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly; until the mixture starts to boil.
- Lower the heat just abit, and continue cooking for 12 minutes (stirring constantly).
- Remove kettle from the heat; and stir in the dry gelatin powder.
- Transfer the jam to 4 half pint-size sterlized glass jars.
- Cover the jars with lids, and let the jam cool to room temperature; before storing it in the refrigerator or freezer.
Am just about to make a second batch. Great recipe. I sliced up 6 or 7 strawberries and added to the Rhubarb as it was cooking. Goes great with #30367 Rhubarb Bread. Handed out some to family and friends that's why the second batch is on the go.
Five stars for taste and ease of preparation. I used raspberry gelatin. This is a perfect jam for someone new to jam making or someone, like me, with no time to make jam the traditional way. I put mine in the freezer to enjoy in the winter time. Thanks for posting this.
This was my first attempt at jam making and I am so proud of it! All my picky kids ate it without saying "Yuck, rhubarb!" I think next time I will add about 7 cups of rhubarb for a more rhubarb flavor and less raspberry flavor. I tried this for My Three Chefs 08. Thank you for the recipe!