Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs 30 mins
From taste of Home
Make and share this Rhubarb Icebox Dessert recipe from Food.com.
- 1 3⁄4 cups crushed graham crackers
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 cups diced fresh rhubarb
- 1 (3 ounce) package raspberry gelatin powder
- 1 (8 ounce) carton frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 1⁄2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- In a bowl, combine 1 1/2 Cup cracker crumbs and butter. Press mixture into a greased 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and rhubarb. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until thickened and rhubarb is tender. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until partially set.
- Spoon rhubarb mixture over crust. Combine whipped topping and marshmallows; spread over rhubarb mixture. In a bowl, whisk milk and pudding for 2 minutes. Let stand 2 minutes or until soft-set. Carefully spread over marshmallow topping (the dish will be full). Sprinkle with remaining graham cracker crumbs. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.