1/8 Photos of Rhubarb Crumble Pie
This easy, old fashioned family recipe goes back more than 5 generations - from Kate Kelly of Kanata, Ontario! Make your own pastry base or buy a ready made shell to save time. You can aso make this with a full pastry or lattice top. Try adding a tsp of orange zest to the filling - its delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Topping: Combine flour& sugar in a bowl; using a pastry blender or 2 knives, cut in butter until mixture is in fine crumbs.
- 2Set aside.
- 3PIE: Combine sugar, flour& salt in a bowl; whisk in egg until smooth.
- 4Add rhubarb& toss to coat.
- 5Scrape into pie shell& dot with butter.
- 6Sprinkle topping evenly over filling.
- 7Bake in the bottom third of a preheated 425F oven for 10 minutes.
- 8Reduce heat to 350F& continue baking until topping is golden& filling is bubbly, about 40 minutes.
- 9Remove from oven& cool on a rack.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rhubarb Crumble Pie
Serving Size: 1 (159 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 437.3
- Calories from Fat 169
- Total Fat 18.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 51.2 mg
- Sodium 243.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 40.8 g
- Protein 4.3 g