Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
If using Canada Red Rhubarb you may not need as much sugar.
- 2267.96 g rhubarb
- 29.58 ml grated lemon rind
- 2838.0 ml water
- 78.07 ml lemon juice
- 236.59-473.18 ml sugar (recipe did not say this is a guess)
- Cut rhubarb into chunks.
- Combine with lemon and water in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and simmer until rhubab is tender.
- Stir in lemon juice.
- Strain through a cloth.
- Stir in sugar and bring to a boil.
Made & reviewed for ZWT 4 - Kumquat's Kookin' Kaboodles! This makes a lovely, simple & very refreshing drink when topped up with sparkling water & rhubarb ice cubes...yum! Thanks Charlotte for a great recipe :)
I made this cordial. We loved the sweet tartness of this drink. It is reallt good on vanilla ice cream.